June 12, 2005
My journey began 8 weeks before my wedding... new doctor suggests pap (despite having had a normal one by a diff. doc 6 months earlier...God works in mysterious ways).
- pap comes back abnormal -coloposcopy shows severe displasia
- LEEP is sceduled for 6 weeks before wedding
- Pathology report shows AdnoCarcinoma Insitu
- all margins are clear
- doctor suggests we do paps every 3 months, biopsies every 6, and start trying to conceive ASAP...before time runs out!
- We have a beautiful wedding day!!!
- 7 months of trying to conceive
- 10 week pregnancy results in miscarriage
- We were devastated!!! All we wanted to do was have a baby.
- After 2 moths of major depression I found out we were pregnant again... very scared & did not share the news until 4 months
> -the blessings begin...Hannah Elizabeth was born 7/2000 and Emma Kathryn was born 5/2003
- my oncologist gave me the advice to "give the gift of yourself to your daughters"
- I took her advice...on Feb 16th, 2005 I had a complete hysterectomy I am proud to say that I am fully recovered, cancer FREE, and I am a cancer SURVIVOR!!! I am thankful for each day I am alive, for the wonderful doctors I^ve had, for the two beautiful little angels in my life, and my amazingly supportive husband.