Patient Support and Advocacy
- Tamika and Friends
Founded in 2005 by cervical cancer survivor and advocate Tamika Felder, Tamika and Friends is dedicated to raising awareness about cervical cancer and its link to HPV.
- The Yellow Umbrella
Founded by musician and cervical cancer survivor Christine Baze, the Yellow Umbrella organization works to educate and empower women and raise awarness about HPV and cervical cancer prevention.
- Women's Cancer Network offers a searchable database of gynecological oncologists by state.
- Cancer Schmancer Movement
Information on cancer and advocacy.
Offers cancer information and one-on-one support.
- Fertile Hope
A LIVESTRONG initiative dedicated to providing reproductive information, support and hope to cancer patients and survivors whose medical treatments present the risk of infertility.
- Hyster Sisters
A woman-to-woman support site for hysterectomy information, support and recovery.
- Blog for a Cure The mission of Blog for a Cure is to make life a little bit easier for cancer survivors by providing a free personal web publishing service for them and continuing to develop and upgrade this service to be the best it can be for its users.
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology Survivorship Toolkit The Society of Gynecologic Oncology has developed a toolkit with resources for patients, families and survivors to help guide you on next steps after treatment. The tools on this page can be used in conjunction with information provided by a healthcare provider or cancer care team.
Provides information on chemotherapy for patients, family members, and caregivers.
- CancerCare offers limited assistance for cancer-related costs as well as referrals to help you find additional resources. Assists with such cost as transportation to and from cancer treatment, home care, child care, and pain medication. Download information online or call 800.813.HOPE (4673).
- The CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation is a not-for-profit organization established in 2007 to address the needs of individuals who cannot afford their insurance co-payments to cover the cost of medications for treating cancer.
- Patient Advocate Foundation's Patient Services provides patients with arbitration, mediation and negotiation to settle issues with access to care, medical debt, and job retention related to their illness. 800.532.5274.
- The Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition (CFAC) is a coalition of financial assistance organizations joining forces to help cancer patients experience better health and well-being by limiting financial challenges. CFAC provides a searchable database of organizations that provide financial assistance.
HPV and Cervical Cancer Information
- American Cancer Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Sexual Health Association
Provides support services for patients, survivors, caregivers and healthcare providers. Offers couseling, support groups, and information on financial assistance programs.
- Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Cervical Cancer Campaign
From the Foundation for Women's Cancer, whose mission is to increase awareness and education, support expanded research and training, and provide knowledge and hope for women diagnosed with cancers specific to them.
- Cervical Cancer Free America
A campaign to reduce or eliminate cervical cancer through increasing HPV vaccination rates in adolescent females and Pap screening rates in women.Current efforts are focused on Alabama, California, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Texas.
- Cervical Cancer Prevention Works
Cervical cancer information from the Coalition for Labor Union Women.
HPV information for teens and young adults.
- National Cancer Institute
Cervical cancer information from the National Cancer Institute.
HPV information in Spanish.
- National Conference of State Legislatures
Offers updated information on state legislation related to HPV vaccination.
- Women In Government
A national, non-profit, non-partisan organization of women state legislators that provides leadership opportunities, networking expert forums, and educational resources to address and resolve complex public policy issues.